| ||Owners of classic cars and antique wooden boats are encouraged to join us this year to share your beautiful treasures at our show. Invitations and entry forms can be found by clicking on the links below, and can be downloaded and sent in. Deadlines are noted on the entry forms. Please contact our office if you have any questions. |
The classic cars and wooden boats are divided into roughly 40 classes for cars and 20 classes for boats. Formal judging takes place on Saturday. Awards will be presented Sunday. Main categories include Best of Class and Runner Up, as well as Best of Show for both car and boat. Corinthian Awards are awarded to car and boats deserving of Special Mention. Emeritus Awards are presented to individuals who have contributed significantly to the growth of our event. The Awards presentation ends with the ultimate award known as the "Commodores Award for Best of Show for both car and boat. Peoples Choice Awards are presented Sunday afternoon as well.
All car and boat owners participating in the Concours are treated as honored guests. They receive Guest Membership cards for full use of the clubs restaurant and bar and pool facilities. Our objective is to extend the very best of "Texas Hospitality" to all involved to make them feel at home while at Lakewood.
Overnight security is provided by a combination of Off-Duty Police officers as well as a group of Lakewood members who literally spend the night with the cars and boats.
Over 200 additional volunteers are deployed throughout the grounds and harbor during the show hours to provide specific assistance to the car and boat owners all weekend.
If you would like to have a vehicle considered, please observe the following steps:
- Vehicles newer than 1974 are generally not considered.
- Only 200 automobiles will be selected. The earlier you submit your automobile for consideration, the better.
- Submit one photo. Please be sure to label your photos with year, make, model, and owner. Due to the volume received, photos cannot be returned.
- Include a brief history of the vehicle.
- Keels & Wheels uses a 100 pt. judging system
- Classes will be reviewed and adjusted when all entries are received.
- To avoid duplication, 2015 entries that were also displayed in 2014 will only be considered after all others have been reviewed.
Entries are CLOSED for the 2015 Concours