| ||Owners of classic cars and antique wooden boats are encouraged to join us this year to share your beautiful treasures at our show. Invitations and entry forms can be found by clicking on the links below, and can be downloaded and sent in. Deadlines are noted on the entry forms. Please contact our office if you have any questions. |
The classic cars are divided into roughly 40 classes. Formal judging takes place Saturday. The awards are presented on Sunday. Awards include Best of Class and Silver in each class. Corinthian Awards are awarded to cars deserving of Special Mention. The Awards presentation ends with the ultimate award known as the "Commodores Award" for Best of Show and the Peoples' Choice Award.
The vintage wooden boats are divided into roughly 20 classes. Formal judging takes place on Saturday. The awards are presented on Saturday and the awards are presented on Saturday. Awards include Best of Class and Silver in each class. Corinthian Awards are awarded to boats deserving of Special Mention. The Awards presentation ends with the ultimate award known as the "Commodores Award" for Best of Show and the Peoples’ Choice Award.
All car and boat owners participating in the Concours are treated as honored guests. They receive Guest Membership cards for full use of the clubs restaurant and bar and pool facilities. Our objective is to extend the very best of "Texas Hospitality" to all involved to make them feel at home while at Lakewood.
Overnight security is provided by a combination of Off-Duty Police officers as well as a group of Lakewood members who literally spend the night with the cars and boats. Secure trailer parking is also provided for both car and boat owners.
Over 200 additional volunteers are deployed throughout the grounds and harbor during the show hours to provide specific assistance to the car and boat owners all weekend.
If you would like to have a vehicle or boat considered, please observe the following steps:
- Cars newer than 1974 are generally not considered.
- Boats follow the ACBS guidelines and are defined on the Boat Class document below.
- Only 200 automobiles and 100 boats will be selected. The earlier you submit your automobile or boat for consideration, the better.
- Submit one photo. Please be sure to label your photos with year, make, model, and owner. Due to the volume received, photos cannot be returned.
- Include a brief history of the autombile or boat.
- Keels & Wheels uses a 100 pt. judging system
- Classes will be reviewed and adjusted when all entries are received.
To avoid duplication, 2016 automobile entries that were also displayed in 2015 will only be considered after all others have been reviewed.
Entries are Closed for the 2016 Concours